Watching insecure streams on a secure website

Everything related to an operation of a specific webcam and to IP-cameras in general.
Admin
Site Admin

Watching insecure streams on a secure website

Post by Admin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:08 am

First of all - the definitions. Normally "insecure" stream refers to the one not protected by a password of some kind. (By default all of the webcams on this site are insecured).
In the context of this topic it means the webcam transmitted over the insecure host.
Before I moved this site to a secure server, this wasn't an issue.
Now, however, there is quite a number of webcams that wouldn't show over the secure connection. I am trying to figure out how to fix this. Meanwhile there is an easy workaround for this problem.
Most of modern browsers don't like to show insecure content on a secure website. They give so-called "mixed content" warning and block insecure content from displaying.
You can tell the browser to ignore this and keep displaying the insecure content.
If you need help with how to do it, please post your configuration in reply message and I will try and provide a brief instruction here.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Watching insecure streams on a secure website

Post by Admin » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:53 am

There is a bit more on this issue on the HELP page: https://ip-24.net/help.php#id_problems.
I hope this little nuisance won't stop you from enjoying this site!

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Watching insecure streams on a secure website

Post by Admin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:09 pm

Recently I've been working on changing most webcams feeds so they don't cause the "mixed content" warning/error in Firefox and Chrome. The work is far from been done, but for some big number of the feeds this problem is gone. However some webcam types still don't want to show well in Chrome and just give the black screen. Those webcams work great in FF though.
So, be patient while they load, enjoy and let me know about those which still don't work.